To my biggest surprise setting her up with an IDE doing PHP, subversion and remote exploration (these were her requirements) was really easy and the result worked well.
Here are the steps that I followed:
- Downloaded the eclipse SDK (who knows she may want to do plugin
- Added the following URL to the list of update sites (this is because
subversive and PDT are not part of Europa) - http://www.polarion.org/projects/subversive/download/update-site/
- Selected the previously added site and the Europa one, clicked next
- Once presented with the list of things to installed I picked: - PDT Features
- Clicked "select required", clicked a few times next, accepted the license and after a few moments of download I was able to restart and get access to all these new functionality.
- Subversive SVN Team provider
- Remote Access and Device Development > Remote System Explorer End-User Runtime
- Remote Access and Device Development > Target Management Terminal
Next step, setting her up with Mylyn for managing bugs.